Sunday, July 31, 2011

Salat al Istikhara

I am ms. indecisive. Ms. it take lots of deliberation and thinking before I can decide what I will eat for lunch. For a person like me, salat al istikhara is a life saver. For a while now I've been confused about a matter that is very dear to me and alhamdulilah duaa al istikhara was the most perfect solution to my issue. If you've never attempted to pray istikhara for a matter of importance to you, you are truly missing out. Istikhara means to "seek goodness" from Allah swt, so by asking Allah for goodness you are asking for his guidance on whether the matter is good for you or not. The prophet pbuh said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer)." [Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 21, Number 263] This is how you pray salat al istikhara.

First pray Two Cycles (raka'). In the first raka' after Surah Fatiha recite Surah al-Kafirun (Chapter 109) and in the second raka' after Fatiha recite Surah al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112). After finishing prayer recite the duaa of istikhara


TRANSLATION: "O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment