Monday, May 2, 2011

“Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us" – 3:8 Holy Quran

"O Allah! Strengthen my religion, which is my fortress, make this world a better place of sojourn for me, and grant me a good life in the Hereafter which will be my abode. Make my life increase in all goodness and my death a rest from all evil."
I'm in dire need of a masjid trip. Lately, i've been feeling really down and I can't find the root cause to my sadness. Alhamdulilah I've been reading more Quran to help bring my spirits back up, but I think the problem may become fixed if I can just get to a masjid. All I need to hear is an inspirational khutbah and to be in the peaceful sanctity of Allah's house, to bring happiness back to my heart again. All the chaos in the world is starting to take a tole on me. I'm just tired of hearing sad news, like what's going on in Libya and now with Osama Bin Laden's death. SubhanAllah, Allah is the most gracious. I'm just gonna take a break from the rest of the world, and focus on myself for now. I want to rebuild my iman and focus on memorizing the Quran again like I used to. I've been thinking a lot about the Day of Judgement and if I'm really as prepared as I make myself believe. The answer is no. There are so many things I need to do before I can say i'm even partially ready to meet my Lord. My greatest goal in life is to one day become a hafizah of The Quran. How am I going to do that if I'm still on juz 3ama right? I need to take action now, because on that day when the doors to repentance are closed, I don't want to look back on my life and realize that I wasted my time on facebook or learning the lyrics to songs. InshAllah InshAllah InshAllah I will make a change and stick with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment