Tuesday, May 31, 2011

HFW Day 3: Work Out Wear

In my opinion this is by far one of the most useful categories of HFW. As a hijabi, I find it difficult at times to find clothes that are appropriate for the gym but that also cover me up. There was a time where I sorta got fed up with not having enough hijabi work out wear so I slowed down on my gym visits altogether which is not good. Dressing modestly does not in anyway mean that one should stop working out. Islam promotes health so we should not use hijab as an excuse to stop caring about our health. I decided it's time that I start collecting modest work out wear, starting with this Capster I received for free through HFW. This is my idea of a modest gym outfit. When wearing hijab and dressing for the gym, I think it's important to find sweat pants that are loose enough to be modest, but also that don't make working out impossible for you. I wore a red long sleeve top that was long enough to cover me, and paired it with a black hoodie. I hope this helps. Don't forget to check out all the other workout outfits at Love HFW
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment