Sunday, May 29, 2011

HFW Day 1: Work Wear

  
[Black Blazer (Papaya)--Black High Waisted Skirt (New York & Company)--Belt (Forever 21) --Studded Scarf (Charming Charley) 
So it's time for Hijabi Fashion Week. I normally don't post my photos of myself all over my blog, so this will be different for me. The reason why I wanted to do HFW was not because I believe that I am in any way stylish and what not. I actually think my style is pretty simple and I like to keep it that way. I think the mistake that a lot of hijabis make when trying to dress more "stylish", is that they do too much in my opinion. My goal is to show hijabis that you don't have to go over the top and dress too extravagantly to feel like you look good. Throughout this week, you will see simple outfits that you can do yourself inshAllah. Sometimes when I see hijabi outfits online, I find them difficult to recreate and unreasonable for my life style. I am a college student and I don't have a lot of time to style my hijab in complicated ways and I don't have the energy to spend hours putting my outfits together. When styling my outfits for HFW I could have gone all out and dressed in outfits that look really fashionable, but that's unrealistic to the life of a college student, so instead I decided to stay true to myself and to the life I lead. 

My work wear is a an example of an outfit I would wear to a professional job or a business meeting. I could have decided to wear a typical pair of black dress pants, but I chose to go with a black skirt instead. Many people in the business world wear high waisted pencil skirts (which I LOVED to wear during my jahaliyah days lol), so to go off of that style, I think this skirt is pretty much similar to the pencil skirt. It's modestly high waisted, but doesn't show off too much of your body and covers you in a modest manner. The belt, the top, and the black blazer all go with the theme of being classy and professional. When it comes to the business world, I think it's important to look classy and simple. I wouldn't wear an over styled hijab to work or stilettos, so this is truly what I would wear as work wear. 

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment