Saturday, April 16, 2011

...Running out of things to do to get you off my mind


 "It’s nearly impossible to know how much you miss someone until you spend your days without them. And there are those lessons that you can only learn through the beating of your heart and through feeling such strong emotions that you can barely breathe." 

4/26/2009

As the two year anniversary of my grandfather approaches, I have mixed feelings. Two years is a long time, but it still feels as though I saw him yesterday. SubhanAllah, time has really flown. I have random moments where it hits me that he's really gone, but than there are other times where I completely forget that he's not here anymore. Alhamdulilah, I have many great memories of my grandfather to hold on to. Like the time we sat outside and watched the moon, just me and him. Or the time I introduced him to Youtube and I played all his old favorite songs. The last time I saw him still replays in my head. I wish I could have said goodbye to him the way I should have. Instead I just quickly said goodbye as though I would see him next summer. SubhanAllah, we truly take the time we have with our family for granted. May Allah forgive all of our deceased loved ones and grant them Janat Al Fardos Al A'la Ameen!

No comments:

Post a Comment